Friday, July 24, 2009

Escapade Events

Last night I attended the launch party of Escapade Events, www.escapadeevents.com.au, a social networking company recently started by the beautiful Kimberley Smith. Escapade Events has the simple philosophy to provide social occasions for women to get together and meet new people, enjoy great food and drinks, and experience all Melbourne has to offer.

Held at Tony Starr’s Kitten Club on Little Collins Street, Melbourne, www.kittenclub.com.au I could see right from the start, (a neon green door next to Bettina Liano, can’t miss it) that a venue such as this was more than perfect for the occasion. The Kitten Club is on the third floor, complete with 'love lounge' and quietly understated surrounds. The Kitten Club oozes cool while retaining a luxurious relaxed feeling, and had been decked out with balloons and a stage full of gift bags to mark the celebration that was the launch of this spectacularly good idea. It was time to party.

I made my first new friend the second I stepped inside and while we collected our complimentary cocktail – I chose the Fashionista in honour of the name – conversation flowed easily and common interests were discovered and shared.

Fabulous canapés did the rounds, while the cutest little cupcakes adorned the bar simply begging to be consumed. The girls from Nailene (www.nailene.com) were on hand in the love lounge doing mini manicures, while women of all ages enjoyed their drinks and met new friends and contacts. I was especially pleased to meet Kimberley and congratulate her on such a wonderful achievement, and put faces to the names of ladies I had only interacted with on Twitter.

And in another wonderful surprise, I was lucky enough to win the door prize, a stunning laptop bag from Ladedah bags. In addition to the giftbags full of goodies and vouchers, and the top I bought at Ojay while waiting for the event to start (I know, I know, I don’t need anymore tops!!), the evening was a terrific success.

The next events Kimberley has lined up include a movie screening of Cabaret on Wednesday August 5 and a pole dancing fitness class on Friday August 14. Both events can be booked through the website, and if you join as a member you will enjoy discounts on both these and future events.

Keep an eye on www.onyamagazine.com for more details of last night’s event!

No comments:

Post a Comment