Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Melbourne Weekend

A fairly typical Melbourne weekend for me - relatively I guess!

Started Friday night - dinner with friends at the Nardee Indian Restaurant in Warrandtye. I love the Indian communal dining experience, you get to try a bit of everything!
Place is pretty authentic, and the food was great. Service a bit odd, for lack of a better word!

But i'll let you decide for yourselves;

Nardee Indian Restaurant
282 Yarra Street
Warrandyte
http://www.nardee.foodcity.com.au/
9844 3674

And then Saturday morning, fashion dedication prevailed and I was up before the sun to get to the Very Special Kids Winter Fashion Frenzy! Was about 10th in the queue, doors opened at 9am and all the crazy fashion kids surged!
Such an awesome sale, and a great cause! I got 2 trench coats, a winter coat (hot pink, divine!), a blazer, 5 dresses, 2 cardigans and a top! Oh, and boots! And how much would you pay for all these, brand new, clothes? Maybe $500? $400? NOPE! $240. Yep thats it! So mark it in your diaries now, November 21st is the Summer Fashion Frenzy, and you can read all about it here http://www.vsk.org.au/


Then on to Chapel St Prahan, where I shopped the strip, and enjoyed latte and breakfast while reading the Age at the Amici Bakery Cafe. Amazing coffee, and a great atmosphere!

Amici Bakery Cafe
242 Chapel Street
Prahran
9529 7770

Visited the Naturopath, then home to sell some of my old wares on eBay. You can find all my great bargains here
http://tr.im/pd0S

Saturday night - Balsamic Eastland for a going away party. Pretty standard restaurant, nothing special to report but ok for a night out in the burbs

Balsamic
Level 3, Eastland Shopping Centre
Maroondah Hwy
Ringwood
9870 4888

But the most important part of Saturday night was my outfit! Such a waste for Ringwood!
Wayne Cooper oversized knit (as seen on Jennifer Hawkins in the latest catalogues that I got for half price!), State of Georgia over the knee boots, Miss Shop Silver and black earrings, Forever New oversized patent leather clutch, and leather driving gloves. Just awesome and so disappointing to not be in the city to show it off!

Unfortunately I can't find a picture of my dress on Jen from the last catalogue but I will keep looking. In the meantime, check out http://www.waynecooper.com.au/ for some other georgousness! (And LOVING the shoes...)

No comments:

Post a Comment