Monday, June 22, 2009

5 Minute Food and Fashion

Yesterday I stayed at home all day. In front of my computer. I’m such a nerd!
But my internet travels yesterday unveiled many weird and wonderful things that I might not have found otherwise!

When one has a craving for chocolate cake, and no desire to leave the house (or really, to bake) what is one to do? Solution? 5 minute MICROWAVE chocolate cake!

Now, I was massively sceptical at first, who would believe you could make a (half decent) chocolate cake in 5 minutes, using the microwave?

Well I am here to tell you boys and girls, it works! This is possibly the most amazing and dangerous discovery since sliced bread made jam toast so easily accessible.

So, try it tonight for dessert. You won’t be sorry, I promise!

5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake for One

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil/butter
Splash vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients in a large coffee mug (I used the ‘Friends’ style soup mug!)
Add the egg, then the milk and oil. Mix all together. It will resemble cake batter.
Add the splash of vanilla and microwave on high for 3 minutes.

And just like that – Chocolate Cake!

I put maple syrup on mine, but I imagine ice cream and chocolate topping would work a treat as well!


Also on my internet adventures yesterday, I came across wall decals. Gorgeous vinyl images that adhere to your walls and are easily removable. It’s fashion for your home!
Here are some of my favourites from the Wall Sticker Company, but if you sign here http://www.thewallstickercompany.com.au/, you can get a free sample of your very own!






No comments:

Post a Comment